After this course you will be able to
Negotiate sales in an international context to the benefit you and your client.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for sales executives selling an international environment.
About the speaker
The trainer Doug Lawrence has helped organisations grow internationally by a success grounded in over 2 decades of direct international selling experience of language services and related technologies, and his interest in languages, cultures, and travel. His background includes international selling and management, training, consulting, speaking globally, and post-graduate lecturing. For more information please see About Me.
An introduction to sales negotiation in an international context
- What is Negotiation?
- Negotiation types
- The win/win perception
- Understanding your personality
- Minimising price ‘power’
Starting positions and initial strengths
- Building effective rapport
- Situational Knowledge
- Knowing variables?
- Dealing with existing and new clients
- Defensive negotiation
Use and identify negotiation techniques, including
- Improving ‘split the difference’ offers
- Reverting to higher authority
- Combating pricing objections
- Resolving skepticism
- Handling drawbacks
- Pricing justification
Long term negotiation and pricing strategies
- Increasing clients budgets
- Working multiple departments and contacts
- Cross-selling and up selling
Be aware of international considerations, including
- Political and historical sensitivities
Where and when?
This course is usually delivered over a single day either as an in-house course or an open workshop.
This course can be ran as an open workshop in conjunction with your event. We can also help with:
- promotion of the workshop (and your event)
- participant registration
- administration / payment collection
Please contact us for more details.
Languages this course can be delivered in
This course is delivered in English. A glossary of terms can be made available in advance.
Sales negotiation in an international context: Book this course
Please contact us to book this course.