Attending international industry events can have a very positive effect on your global revenues. This course will help you maximize your impact and make the most of this opportunity.
After this course you will be able to
Plan which events to attend within your annual calendar. Prepare fully for attending events as a participant, exhibitor, or speaker. Maximize your impact at international industry events and plan your activities before, during, and following the events.
- Creating your ‘International Event Action Plan’
- Defining goals and business case
- Establishing your different approaches
- Using the Gantt chart template
- Identification of events
Based on agreed criteria such as:
- Industrial focus
- Cost (such as attendance and travel expenses)
- Sales potential
- Annual calendar
- Opportunity cost
- International industry event marketing promotion plan
- Working with event organisers
- Identifying target accounts
- Defining ‘event marketing message’ (local language and English)
- On-line and social media plan: channels selection, hash tags, updates, sharing, adding contacts / joining groups
- Contacting attendees, arranging meetings
- During event interaction with participants
- Networking, speaking, walking-the-floor, exhibiting, workshops
- Optimising the on-line back-channel
- Speaking at international industry events
- Creating presentations or other promotional materials which engage the audience, compel change, promote your services, ‘fit in’ with the event program, and create lasting reusable content
- Translation and localization of content
- Identifying and prioritising opportunities
Delivery is a mixture of PowerPoint slides, printed workbook, templates (eg the Event Action Plan), and individual exercises.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for executives who wish to maximize the impact of attending international events, or sales team members.
About the speaker
The trainer Doug Lawrence has helped organisations grow internationally by a success grounded in over 2 decades of direct international selling experience of language services and related technologies, and his interest in languages, cultures, and travel. His background includes international selling and management, training, consulting, speaking globally, and post-graduate lecturing. For more information please see About Me.
When and where
This course is usually delivered over a single day either as an in-house course or an open workshop. You can contact us to discuss on-line option.
This course can be ran as an open workshop in conjunction with your event. We can also help with:
- promotion of the workshop (and your event)
- participant registration
- administration / payment collection
Please contact us for more details.
Languages this course can be delivered in
This course is delivered in English. A glossary of terms can be made available in advance.
International industry events: Book this course
Please contact us to book this course.