Life Alive is simply an excellent organic cafe. I was really pleased to find this place in Lowell (MA, USA), and made it my mission to try as much of the menu as I could whilst here. After 2 days I’m on 5 out of 15 smoothies, and 5 main dishes, I still have a day or so to go and hope to cross a few menu items more off the list.
Things I like about Life Alive:
- The food (and drinks)
- The staff
- You can’t visit this place and not feel happy
- AFAIK as a veggie you can buy blindfold, there are some dishes and smoothies that aren’t vegan – but they are marked as such
- There are many raw food options
- They have whey (which is good for and only 50 cents for a boost on a smoothie), they also have some cheese and eggs too
- There’s plenty of milk, but not from cows – rice (yum), soy (not for me) and almond (great) – I really like these choices, thank you guys!
- The nutritional information (including the bookcase)
- The ordering my first name
- Free wi-fi
- The wheatgrass shot – I have one day
- The reuse of old jars for smoothies and wheatgrass shots
- The notice board
- The music (portishead and massive attack on my first visit)
- The décor
- The t-shirt
- The web site, particularly their excellent glossary
Things I don’t like about Life Alive:
- hhmm, nothing springs to mind, err, tricky this … oh yeah, it’s some 3,000 miles from my home, and if it opened before 10am I would have had breakfast there too!
Pictures of my visits to, and food from Life Alive:
Life Alive say they cater for every type of foodie including omnivores, but I didn’t see any meat/fish dishes (fine by me).
And as I tweeted yesterday, I was surprised to see a group of customers who were all carrying holstered firearms! They were police officers in plain clothes with their badges showing – but it was a reminder that I’m in the States, because I can’t imagine that happening anywhere else. It is also a reminder that stereotypes don’t always apply. I’m in the State were “Dunkin’ Donuts” was born – and my Boston tour joked that they have so many Dunkin’ Donuts store around because it;s the only way to ensure there are enough cops around! Well in Lowell the cops eat healthy!